Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Recipe and Date Set for Showdown:

So, two things in this posting.

One, A bunch of you asked about how I cook my raccoons, so I thought I’d share my recipe. Now, this is not the only way to cook raccoons. They are a really versatile animal and can be made a hundred ways. This is just the way I did it a few weeks ago when I got a hankering.

Ingredients

1 Meat from one raccoon (Make sure you remove the fat and the untasty musk glands but keep the meat on the bones. It should be cut into handleable pieces.)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp black pepper

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 eggs

½ cup buttermilk

1 cup breadcrumbs

Frying oil of your choice. (I use Wesson)

 

Season the meat with half of the salt and pepper. Heat oil in your deep fryer. (My friend, Gina has an “Air” fryer, so if you’re one of those, it’s going to be different.) Get 2 bowls. In one beat the eggs with the buttermilk. In the other, mix the flour, breadcrumbs, and the rest of the salt and pepper. Dredge the meat back and forth between the egg mixture and flour mixture a few times until it’s well coated. Place the coated raccoon meat into the fryer and cook until it’s done. (You may have to flip them depending on how big your pot is.) Place on a paper towel before serving for the grease drippings.

Now, I’ve been doing this a long time, so I can just tell when it’s done. You’re not me. Make sure you use a meat thermometer if you are sensitive to bacteria and illnesses. It’s not worth getting sick over a tasty trash panda!

So, you can eat your raccoon with anything, but I made some French fries (Already had the oil going!) and some barbequed baked beans. And of course, some Heinz ketchup for the meat and fries. So good.

 

Okay, so, second news: the date has been set for the Izzy Lyon Sign-Spinning Sounds Challenge. One Friday from next, whether or not Craig shows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Izzy Movie is Out!:

Okay, so the movie Izzy Lyon: The Unspun Truth is finally out! And I’ve watched it…about a gajillion times! (I’m exaggerating, of course. T...